Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Scholarly Advice for Life



 

What advice would you give to someone who keeps making the same mistake over and over again?  Our class took a minute to think about it and here are some of our thoughts.

"If someone kept making a mistake over and over again, I would give them the advice to try harder and remember that you keep making that mistake and to remind themselves that if they keep making that mistake they will get a consequence." ~ Aydan

"I would say, find a mnemonic device to help remember not to make the same mistake." ~ Jillian
"To keep trying and someday you will get it.  And, if not try a different way. If that does not work... just give up." ~ Melanie

"The advice I would give is don't give up just keep trying. Also, try slowing down a bit and go through it step by step.  Ask for help from someone if you're confused. But do not give up." ~ Jasmine



"I would advice them to put a band or something on them to remind them to not make that same mistake.  Or maybe someone can help you remember to not make that mistake.  Also, someone could give you a punishment for doing it again." ~ Mckayla

"My advice to the person who makes the same mistake over and over again is that they should really try their best to stop.  If they keep on making the same mistake, you get into more trouble and that won't help you at all." ~ Meron

"I would tell the person that they need to get it together and to make the right decision." ~ Cody

"To stop doing it or else." ~ Abdinajib

Do you agree with any of the responses?  Disagree?  Have something to add on?  Share your thoughts below. 

11 comments:

  1. I disagree with Melanie's last sentence. You should keep trying until you get to your goal, not give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dissagree with melanie's comment abot giving up.i would say dont ever stop trying, because you will get it eventualy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dissagree with Jasmine's last sentence. If you keep trying and trying and trying it just gets to be impossible if it dosen't work. I think that if you can't get it in 3 trys then what else are you supposed to do? I wouldn't just give up per-say but I would try to get someone else to try and help me with it ( what ever it is. )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So your saying don't give up....Right?

      Delete
  4. I would tell them that everyone makes mistakes.Also that when you make a mistake try again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Jasmine "Dont give up keep trying".

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you ddo somthing and you fail try again. Never think that you can't do whatever you are doing. It may seem difficult but still you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I disagree with Melanie because if you stop trying you will never get it ever so dont stop when your right at the tip of your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that you should not give on something if you keep on doing it roung.If you give up at what you keep on geting roung you get any better at it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Abdinajib and I agree with Jasmine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Melanie's.

    ReplyDelete

Be sure to check your spelling and punctuation before submitting your comment!